Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brilliant Conclusion

I was in the car, passing by a forest that was on the side of the road. I looked at the mass of trees, just confusing themselves with each other, all looking the same, all in the same position. Then, suddenly, something different caught my eye in that sea of copies. An old oak tree was standing in the middle of all the others. Just standing there, small and dry, because the other trees were higher, making it hard for the little oak tree to get some water when a heavy cloud passed by. The oak was alone, abandoned in a sea of equal trees. Some of those trees seemed to bend towards the oak, and when the wind blew, they slapped the oak with their branches, over and over again. Looking back at that image, I saw my life in the past few years. Some would say that this is a depressing thing to think of. I can't afford to think that way. Because if I already live like that, if I thought like that, I would surely go insane with the pain. So I see that image as a reminder. A reminder that, while they might be hitting me with their branches, they are all the same. They are copies, useless copies made by a society of mass production of high quality bullshit. They have all these fucked up beliefs, and anyone different must die. They all say they are the best. At what? Ass-kissing? Being fucked up jerks? Fuck yeah, you're good at that. But me... No, I have to be an outcast, just because I can reason properly. People say that in a world full of blind people, the one with one working eye is king. Well, where's our crown? Where is the crown for us, people with a fucking working brain? Oh yeah, that's right, you have it. Because, apparently, being dumb and equal is the way to go these days. Well, I'm sorry, but I was born with personality, and I intend to keep it above your mindless fashions and trends. How can the mindless idiots rule over us? Why are they like this? Who gave them the power? Why them?

Meanwhile, my best friend was watching me, feeling the change in my eyes.
"What's wrong?" she asked, out of curiosity.
"Nothing... It's just..." I started.
"What?" she replied, impatient as always.
I took a deep breath, and looked ahead at the dark road we were passing by, that ended in a pitch black tunnel. Then I said:

"This life just scares me to death."

1 comment:

Inês (?) said...

Nunca deixes de ser quem és para seres quem os outros querem que sejas .
A frase final é qualquer coisa do outro mundo , está mesmo bem conseguida . E faço minhas as tuas palavras : This life just scares me to death.